Pages

Friday, April 19, 2019

#52Ancestors: DNA

I've been hovering on the periphery of DNA research for several years now. I am grateful I was able to test my parents and siblings. Cousins, near and far, have also tested in recent years enabling me to confirm our connections and that my family tree is accurate, thus far.

I have cross-referenced my results between Ancestry, Family Tree DNA and MyHeritage and uploaded to GedMatch and... that's a far as my analysis has gone. Until now.

Last night I attended the first is a series of workshops about analyzing your DNA matches. I am excited by the prospect of better being able to refine my understanding of how I am connected to other individuals whose DNA matches mine. But, I'm not there yet. So, for the moment my DNA story is still a work in progress!

Copyright 2019 by Lisa A. Oberg, GeneaGator: Vignettes of Yesteryear. All Rights Reserved.

No comments:

Post a Comment